Thursday 23 June 2011

Hectic Preparations

1 week to go and in the midst of leaving parties, drinks with good friends that I won't see for too long and finishing off work, I'm trying to decorate & pack up my house - it seems you can amass quite a few things living in London for 7 years!



Interesting things I've found include:
- 4 bikes
- A snooker table I'd forgot I owned
- 18 bottles of spririts I won't have chance to start, let alone finish (help would be appreciated)
- 20 spare energy saving lightbulbs (consumerism with good intentions)
- A box of clothes, a tent and a rucksac that aren't mine

In preparation for the hands on approach I'll have to take on the bike I've had to teach myself a bit of plumbing, painting, joinery and even cleaning, the house now looks better than at any point when I actually lived in it!
I've also managed to sort out some of my web presence - Twitter is up and running (see right) and my Just Giving page (see left) is up in support of the North Staffs Adventure Playground who help special needs children, young adults and their families - including my own.  I hope to make a visit on my flying visit home over the weekend and will post something if I do.
I'm also hoping to have some time to do some training, not only on the bike, but also putting up the new lightweight tent and cooking on my trangia stove - I fear I may end up experimenting with these for the first time somewhere on the road to Niagara.
Well at least I have an outline plan:

No comments:

Post a Comment